Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Imaginary Perfection - So Long Ago

Simply put, I love old things. Don't ask me when or how this obsession started because I would not be able to tell you. All I know is I find beauty in the objects left behind. My interest is not so much about "antiques" or overpriced collectables from thrift stores. Rather it's an infatuation with anything abandoned, decaying, weathered, grungy or distressed.


The condemned church below is a fitting example of my passion. It yelled at me to stop the car and visit, so I had no other choice but to obey. I truly would get married in this church, just the way it is... if my guests would not be at risk of falling through the floorboards. Oh well, a girl can dream can't she?

If you want to see the ancient building for yourself, well sorry but I can not help. I do not remember how I got there. You would have to plan a camping trip to Service Creek Oregon (Population 2, Really) and then get lost along the way. Stop in every little town until you find this church. It might take you awhile, but you will get to see plenty of aging buildings, quirky people and scraggily dogs along the way. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment